Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 2 of Personalized Fitness Training and Eating

IIFYM! IIFYM! IIFYM! Hehe, I had fun working out and eating today because it IIFYM (if it fits your macros)! I managed to go have dim sum with my family (where many dishes are often prepared with oil and fattening sauces), have some mojo fries with my subway dinner post-workout and still be on track :)
One thing I do need to work on is my protein intake! Today I am only at about half of my protein intake, which makes me reflect on whether I should start drinking protein shakes or not.

Pros

  • I will have a good source of protein that is moderately low in calories and close to zero carbs 
  • Putting fruit (banana) and milk into my shakes will be a good meal/snack replacement, hopefully preventing binge eating 
Cons 
  • The necessity of buying protein powder and figuring out which flavour I like 
  • The inconvenience of having to come HOME to make the shakes - I'd like to start off with milkshake like shakes before just going to straight water and protein powder - YUCK! 
  • The extra $$$ on my grocery bills 

This will be something I'll have to discuss with my personal trainer and my boyfriend - who both take protein shake as supplements. In the meantime, take a look at my bullet sweating workout recap from tonight! 

I knew it would be a bad idea to go to the gym at 6-8 in the night time, but I was busy running errands starting early in the morning, so I needed to fit an afternoon nap in my schedule. 


Today was cardio/conditioning day, and Stan had me training on the stationary bike. I've never been a big fan of the bike tbh; they make my thighs rub against each other and it makes my thigh ache within minutes. But, I guess that's the exact reason Stan is making me do biking :P My goal is to tone my leg muscles and lose the jiggle around the thighs. 
I did HIIT intervals of medium intensity pedalling, followed by a blast of super intense pedalling for 20 seconds at an increased resistance and repeat. Wheu! 

To back that up, I also threw in some voluntary bent over rows and lat pull downs. I really want to get those back muscles popping! 

Technically tomorrow should be a rest day, but I took a "rest day" on my birthday :P 
Since I work tomorrow, I'm gonna try and do some mini workouts at home before/after work and make that count :) 

Here is Friday's workout. I'm SO PUMPED!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment